Re: APIC Code with UML

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Igor Gilitschenski wrote:

> I'm not sure, wether this makes sense, because the APIC Code has
> problems on SOME systems. I think, that a simulator wouldn't be able to
> simulate both: the working and the not working ones.

If you want to test failure conditions you can modify the bochs source
code for that and get it to inject random failure conditions like skipping
IPI delivery and other nasties, although i'm not quite sure why you want
this for APICs, thats one area where you code for the working case and
workaround/blacklist the rest.

	Zwane
--
function.linuxpower.ca