Re: moving data to and from user/kernel space

hello, you can find an example here: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pasteco/ under driver. this is a kernel device driver to control a stepper motor via the parallel port to control a robot. the write-function uses the copy_from_user() function. let me know if you have any problems.
geert.

Dan wrote:

Thank you for your response! I have heard about those functions and i was
hoping they would do the trick. The problem is I cant seem to find a good
example of how to use them. Do you know of one that shows the kernel and
userland perspectives? If so, id be more than greatful! Thanks again for
your help!

Dan