Re: Compiling kernel

hi,
   check if eth0 is up or not by
	$ ifconfig eth0 up
if u get the message delaying eth0 initialization probably the modules of
ur ethernet card are missing.make sure that u select correct drivers.

use '$make menuconfig' friendly and much quicker.
    select the corresponding (pcmcia)modules of ur ethernet card and after
    compiling,use
     $make modules_install
   to install the modules.

afaik this should work,and also one more thing kernels with odd numbers
are not used for workstations they are experimental kernels
vamsi

--

just do it!!