Compiling kernel

Hi,

 I have Redhat 7.1 with 2.4.2 kernel. I want to
install 2.5.33 kernel in my machine. I have downloaded
2.5.33 tree & compiled it. But its giving some linking erros, when I compile
after including network drivers
( ie, enabiling through make config). Without these drivers, I can install
the kernel & boot on it, but without network support.

 Is there anything to be taken care compiling 2.5 kernel in redhat 7.1
running 2.4.2 kernel?

Rgds,
Saji

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.