Re: Newbie doubts about stack !

> > 2 pointers are stored around there at the start of the stack
> > a frame pointer and a pointer to the old stack frame i think.
>
> Well, probably yes. Can be tested using --fomit-frame-pointer
> compiler flag. I was just puzzled by the first line, which stated
> it's only 4 for lengs 0 - 4. I might have as well be a typo...

 I don't know why the extra bytes are needed, but it is definitely not
for frame pointer. The frame pointer is separately pushed on the stack,
which automatically decrements the stack pointer.
  And there was no typo either in the original mail. I verified that
additional stack space is not allocated if the array size is <=8.

Guess some compiler gurus have the answer to this question..

-Ravi.