Re: Trouble in setting up of KGDB

Never relies on kernel sources provided by redhat. Chances are it won't be
clean source.
The patch are normally meant for clean kernel source. Therefore, download
clean source from kernel.org
and chances are these type of problems will go away.

Regards,
Anil.

                      "Rupa"
                      <rupa.ramakrishna@ioni        To:       "mohan kumar" <mohan_knb@yahoo.com>
                      dea.com>                      cc:       <kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org>
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  Re: Trouble in setting up of KGDB
                      kernelnewbies-bounce@n
                      l.linux.org

                      09/06/2002 11:19 AM

Hi Mohankumar,
    I used "patch -p0 <linux-2.4.2-2-kgdb-1.5.patch " command to patch kgdb
to kernel source(2.4.2-2 for Redhat 7.1).When I ran this command it patched
few files and showed the following message,

The text leading up to this was
-------
#ifdef CONFIG_X86_REMOTE_DEBUG
-------
-------
#endif
File to Patch:

It prompted to give file, when i skipped this ,it displayed following
message

1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
patching file /usr/src/linux-2.4.2-2/arch/i386/kernel/traps.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 49.
------
------
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip options.

Please help me in this regard,

Rupa