Re: Kernel module <-> user communication

Christine Ames wrote:

> --- steve_lustbader@hsgmed.com wrote:
> > I'd like to tie the user and kernel parts together more tightly
> > than using ioctls if possible.  If I have to use ioctl, though, I
> > will.  How do I get a file descriptor to my device?  It's a network
> > driver, not a char driver, so there's no /dev/foo entry.
> >

> I'm not an expert on network devices, but Rubini and Corbet know
> everything, no?  Well...no, but try this link anyway:
>
> http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/ch14.html

Time to 'fess up, Christine: you're really an
LDD-bot Perlscript written by Mssrs. Rubini and Corbet,

Cheers,

-- Joe
  "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
   sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
   the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me