Help !! Network Driver

Hi,
	I am facing a small problem with a netwok driver that i have written.
The network driver is very simillar to the Network driver described in
Rubini's book. The problem is over a network connection (HTTP/FTP) I am not
able to transfer a file of size more than 1500 bytes (approx). If i try to
transfer a file of more than 1500 bytes, approx only 1500 bytes are received
on the other side.

          The only possible explanation i can think of is that before giving
it to my driver for transmitting the packet (my_dev_tx) the IP stack is
trying to fragment the packet because the size is greater than 1500 bytes
(mtu). But still the question remains.. why is it not working ?

          I tried changing the mtu in the device, but if i change the mtu to
any value more than 1500, the device stops working..

Any help ? This is kinda urgent...

Rgds
-Mayank