High Resolution Ticks in linux kernel

Hi,
   m writing a PCI IDE driver module and basically i
want my driver to implement all delays/sleeps in terms
of clockticks usingthe system frequency as input ..
The problem that im facing is that this frequency is
defined as HZ on all i386 machines which is equal to
100 ..(100 clockticks per sec)  so how do i send the
high resolution time values i.e micro and nanosec
waits in terms of ticks so as to schedule a
wait/timeout for that many ticks? ( I do not want to
tune the kernel parameter to change the system
frequency from 100 to a larger value either)

Pls let me know your inputs

Thanks n Regards
Vany