Re: Linux

        Hey there Rupi,

  I just want to first start off by saying this is for kernel discussion,
it has nothing to do with distro's, installing a linux distro, etc...

 But since you already posted, I may as well try to answer your question.

        Basicly all distro's are extremely easy to install. In fact... I
havnt come across a single one that isnt (Besides rock linux, which we
wont even get into that). I suggest just simply starting off with RedHat,
Debian, or possibly some others. When I first installed linux I used
RedHat, and I have stuck with it since. Alot of people use it, but at the
same time alot of people hate it. Try it out.. if you like it.. then fine.
If you dont... then chuck it against the wall and try another.

        You celeron 600, 64MB RAM and 15G hardrive will very much be
enough. Though since you only have 64 megs or RAM make sure you create
around 300megs of swap space, which shouldnt be a problem since you have
mass storage. Though I would suggest upgrading to around 96 or 128MB, that
is, if you can afford it and if you board will support that much. Since it
is a celeron system I am supposing it can handle up around 512MB.

Basicly when installing linux for the first time, go *very* *very* slowly.
        It is not difficult to install linux at all, it is just *diffrent*
from what you are used to. So as I said, go very slowly, read EVERYTHING
before you decide to hit the magic "Ok" button. And yes... you will fuck
something up... in fact... you will probably fuck alot of things up, which
is irrelevnt as linux, its distro's, its applications, and what not are a
learning process. Thankfully it is also a fun learnaing process.

Anyways, hope this has helped you

-Dan Erickson-
-coldoneknight@rogers.com-

P.S www.google.com is your best friend
Learn to use it and it will make you much happier