PROBLEM: with APIC

hello this is my fisrt email and is one test
I will report better this problem that I found in my new laptop
compaq pressario 706EA

So after a few months of tests I arrive to this conclusion
if I set APIC ( advance programmer Interrupt Controler)

The computer doesnt make a complete reboot because hangs up
after turn off and turn on (initial booting) with led of hdd on.

so my laptop is one athalon 4 with one chipset via KN133
(appollo something)

I had install redhat 7.3,

I try with kernels 2.4.7-10, 2.4.9-21, 2.4.18, 2.4.18-pre8,
2.4.18-3.

This is the most visible problem, the 2nd problem I am not sure
that is related , is with mpeg, the fisrt mpeg that i try to see
with gtv gives one scrren complete out greens , but second works.
Now I am waiting for SlackWare 8.1 to understand if the problem
can be with gcc redhat.

Thanks...

Sérgio Monteiro Basto

Webmail da rede SAPO - http://webmail.sapo.pt/