Re: trapping execve()

On Saturday 11 May 2002 10:13 pm, John Levon wrote:
> On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 10:35:25PM +0530, Sridhar N wrote:
> I have now added a short FAQ on intercepting system calls, and in
> particular sys_execve().
>
> Please comment on any clarity or correctness problems

ok, my problem is that trapping execve() is a very critical part of my
mini-Intrusion Detection System that i'm developing as part of a college
project.  Most of the components of this project have been untested so far,
so basically w're doing prototypes right now....and sys_execve() is a place i
got stuck.
	Reading your FAQ, i just got a bit confused on the how the sys_execve()
works, can you elaborate on it ? And the part about providing a hook ... I
just want to printk the name of the executable and be done with it. Can't it
be done in an easier way ?

regards
Sridhar

--
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to
be doing