Re: Load Map

well you don't need two computers.. use com1->com2 and
you're all set up... used to do this on good 'ol DOS
machines...

if you use any software use two copies where you
manually specify the port to access (to control
/dev/ttys1 and /dev/ttys1).. in essence, you can ftp
from com1 to com2... cool!!.. even use zmoden .. or do
all sorts of things..

but if you really want to check the flow of data
purchase a few LEDs and to the lines you solder the
anode and the cathode goes to the ground (but you need
to know what the lines stand for...).. its nice to see
the data flow.. (that is provided your geeky instincts
are pretty high.. :) ) I guess that is not really
required...

-Sharath

> You've got two computers (your host, and your
> target) connected via a
> null modem cable plugged into, for example, COM1.
>
> To see if the cable has been hooked up properly, go
> to the target
> machine (for example) and type:
>
> cat < /dev/ttyS0
>
> then, on the host machine send something to the
> serial port:
>
> cat foobar > /dev/ttyS0
>
> Communication needs to work both ways.  Reverse
> host/target in the
> example above and do it again to make sure.
>
> Harmony,
>
> --Christine

=====
-Sharath