Re: DMA memory mapping

Usman S. Ansari wrote:

>No kernel is.
>
>--- David Stroupe <dstroupe@keyed-upsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>>Usman S. Ansari wrote:
>>
>>>When user process calls mmap system call, this address is setup by the kernel along with size,
>>>this I figure is setup in some suitable place in the user process virtual space.
>>>
>>>Usman
>>>
>>But since I am the device driver writer, I am responsible for
>>this...correct?

So, within my user program I do something like this: void* addy =
mmap(.....) system call.  The returned variable addy can now be used in
a call to my driver as the virtual address in a remap_page_range.  Of
course, this remap call would use the same size buffer etc.  Once this
is completed,  accesses to the buffer pointed to by addy will access the
physical memory used in my remap call?

Thanks  again

--
Best regards,