Re: Watchdoggy

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Dan Erickson wrote:

> 	I recived a response to my earlier post about a watchdog card, and
> somebody suggested that I check out www.national.com
> 	I appoligize for not being able to remember your name (my inbox
> got trashed by accident).

I am Mr Other Guy ;)

> 	But anyways, thanks for giving me the link, and if anybody else
> knows of any other manufactures of watchdog cards that dont yet have linux
> drivers for them and are "highly used" please tell me.

Chances are if they're really popular, they probably already have drivers
for them. You'll probably want to look for *really* new stuff and provide
driver support for them.

> 	www.national.com has some stuff, but like the guy said in the
> post, "I dont know if you will actually be able to find somebody with this
> hardware."

Ok its not all that rare, but not as easy to find, although the
watchdog devices which are on Natsemi's site are mostly part of a south
bridge so you'll probably see a number of them in various "embedded"
type boxes, so they are definately well worth supporting.

Cheers,
	Zwane

--
http://function.linuxpower.ca