Re: userland shared events & callbacks

Hi,

I don't know what Javier wrote ( he probably replied direct to You ) and
it's still not absolutely clear to me, what You try to do, bu not at
all:

I'd sugest You to use a semaphore for the kernel <--> userspace
communication. The kernel space could set the semaphore you wait in
userspace for.
If the semaphore gets set, create your thread ( in userland ).
If you want to create a process in kernel space ...
... I think ( after a very quick RTFM ) clone is the syscall most near
to your intent; sys_clone from kernel space of course.

For a better picture, read some SysV IPC docs, man 2 clone, man 2
sem{ctl,get,op} and the kernel source of course ;o).

Hope this meets your post, and happy hacking
Frank