Re: shared memory

Hi,
what i meant by vitual memory support is not the VFS but the option in 'make
menuconfig->file system ' rather a support for shm fs (tmpfs), it wasnt
enabled by default.
And also Sys V IPC has been built in to the kernel.I have an entry
/proc/sysvipc/ .

System.map has got the symbols for the sys_shmget !
But still the problem is not solved.
AFAIK when i do a insmod the module tries to resolve the symbols from the
exported symbols or look up in System.map ?

Thanks
nk