Re: writing from kernel space to secondary storage

Open read and write sequence would work only from the user space. This
has already been discussed lot many times on the list. Please look in
the kernelnewbies archive for the answer.

Thanks,
Sumit
On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 01:53:47PM +0000, rahul deshmukh wrote:
>       i want to know how to write data from
>       kernel space(slab cache) to secondary
>       storage.
I guess you're talking about writing into disks... you can use open, read,
write system calls after taking their address from sys_calls array :)

Ciao ciao
--
$>cd /pub
$>more beer

(0>
//\  Perego Paolo <p_perego@modiano.com> - www.sikurezza.org/angel
V_/_ 'It's seems the hardest life I've never known'
I'm Linux drow 2.4.17-4GB - SuSE Linux 7.3 (i386) powered.
begin:vcard
n:Agarwal;Sumit
fn:Sumit Agarwal
tel;cell:+919845205210
tel;fax:+91-80-5732696
tel;home:+919845205210
tel;work:+91-805732296 / 93 extn. 5243
url:www.wipro.com
org:Wipro Technologies;SIDC, Embedded and Internet Division
adr:;;Wipro Technologies, Chamundi Complex, No.26, Hosur Main Road, Bommanahalli;Bangalore;Karnataka;560068;INDIA
version:2.1
email;internet:sumit.agarwal@wipro.com
title:Senior Software Engineer
end:vcard

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.