Avoiding copy-in's

Hi All,

We are running Linux on an embedded system(MIPS processor) that
has no disk for swap. Also we are passing huge data structures
 from user to kernel space in our driver. Can we avoid copy-in's
and make the driver use the virtual address from the kernel
space.

Our analysis is copy-in's is provided because the process can be
swapped out. Also the virtual addresses we plan to use will not
get used in interrupt context; hence we can use the virtual
addresses directly.  Are there any risks which we are unable to
forecast?

Thanks in advance
Raghav