Going to runlevel 6

Hello all,

	I would like to know if there is any kernel mechanism to change the
runlevel of my machine. I am working on a -sort of- watchdog module and
would like to be able to nicely reboot my machine if any process does
not refresh it (as if I gave a "shutdown -r now" command). Is there such
a way? I have tried machine_restart(NULL), but it does a "hard" reboot.

	Also, I am very interested on being able to retreive current system
time in a human-readable form (YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss). Is is possible to do
so within kernel space? If not, maybe someone could give some hint on
how to do it using "gettimeofday and friends" functions.

	That is all. Thanks in advance for the help,

		Miguel

--
| Miguel Garcia Lopez              |