Re: PIT, HZ, and devices

It doesn't sound like a good idea to me. For one, any timing that is
dependant upon this will be off. I do believe that uptime and sleep are
dependant on jiffies which is incremented by the PIT (correct me if I am
wrong).  It is also the interrupt that decrements your time quantum for
scheduling. By changing the HZ value you will be changing your systems
performance.

Tom