Re: Help...

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 05:44:43PM -0200, focker@feb.unesp.br wrote:
> I'm a C programmer for Windoze OS and I like to use my programs
> in linux too.
>
> I study linux system around six years and I don't discover what
> I use the C DOS function int86 in Linux.
>
> The int86 function receives one hexa number (this number is one
> register) and two structs, one to control the register and other
> to receive resps from register.
>
> Please, in the linux, what I proced this??

You don't need it. You had to use it in DOS to access a couple of DOS
and BIOS functions, but in Linux there is no DOS and you can't do BIOS
calls. Most of the functionality you want can be reached through libc
(for the normal stuff), ncurses or slang (for cursor control), or X
Windows (for graphics).

Erik

--
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Faculty
of Information Technology and Systems, Delft University of Technology,