Re: Advice please

> linux is not a toy system like minix, so "student projects" are often not particularly easy
> to come up with (though I'm sure others have ideas ...)

humm ... does that mean, that one should start playing around with minix first before
working with the linux kernel?
i'm pretty confused about what i should do now, because i've bougth two books
about linux kernel (development), namely Understanding The Linux Kernel and
Writing Linux Device Drivers.
They're said to be a great start for every kernel newbie ... but should a real (unix)
kernel newbie really start with linux?

kashif seems to have the same problem ... many theoretic stuff, but no exercises.

bye,

marc