Ramdisk close

Hi,

We are using ramdisk for some purpose initially and
later we do not use it at all.

When we look at the ramdisk implementation(rd.c) we see
that all ramdisk buffers are made immune against buffer
cache flushing; this means that they will be alive as
long as kernel is alive. Even on doing a close of
ramdisk device these buffers are not destroyed. Only place they are destroyed are when ramdisk is made a
module and module is removed; but since we do not want
ramdisk as module this does not work for us.

Why does close of ramdisk not invalidate all the
buffers? WHy is the special treatment given only when
ramdisk is made as a module?

Thanks
Raghav