Re: printk doesn't work

Hi,
  The place where the messages are printed depends on the level at which
you execute the printk message which is the first char in the string
supplied to printk. For more info look up Linux Device Drivers by rubini
(available online). Further if you are running x-windows then I have
observed that the messages are appended to the end of /var/log/messages
file irrespective of print-level. You can check the file for the messages
you were expecting on your console.

Bye,
Pradeep

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, utku ozturk wrote:

> I am using Redhat 7.1  2-4-2. I add a new system call. The function works
> well except printk. printk doesn't write to console. the other parts
> of my system call is ok. What am i missing?

Pradeep Jagannath
pradeep@it.iitb.ernet.in
http://www.it.iitb.ernet.in/~pradeep