Re: VM Functional Requirements - lets get started

<riel> phillips: how about adding "remove special-casing for swap and have it
handled like the normal filesystem code"
<phillips> optinally increase the apparent size of physical method, at the
expense of increase cpu, using cache compression techniques
<phillips> though the 'using' isn't strictly a requirement
<phillips> riel, yep
--> hrandoz (hrandoz@1Cust189.tnt2.broken-arrow.ok.da.uu.net) has joined
#kernelnewbies
<velco> how about "simple, fast, scalable" ;)
<phillips> riel, that where we start to diverge from the current vm
<phillips> riel, I'd vote for that as a requirement
<ciscode> hmmm that sounds like  python
<riel> velco: I think that's the description of the 2.2 VM
<ignavus> I mean predictable -> "I know that if I start BigApp(tm) I'll get
this behaviour and trigger those events without some nasty side-effect" ?
--- Snow-Man_ is now known as Snow-Man
<phillips> riel, are you going to post that one or do I have to paste the
channel log again? ;-)
<-- EisBar_ has quit (Ping timeout: 181 seconds)
--> WildFox (~nikoz@p3EE32BEC.dip.t-dialin.net) has joined #kernelnewbies
<riel> phillips: feel free to cut'n'paste
<phillips> riel, it's going to look ugly ;-)

--
Daniel