IPv6 & IPv4 in virtual device

Hi guys,

In my previous mail, I was talking about some problems with kernel
panic.
It seems that the problem is due to the netfiltering I used in the
virtual device.
Well, leaving that aside for the moment, I turned the netfilter and
portsentry off and there seems to be no problem.
I tried ifconfig ipv4 and ipv6 address on the virtual device and it work
fine, as in I can see the addresses when I do ifconfig -a.

Now, when I tried to ping/ping6 the address from another host. I can get
to the ipv4 address but not the ipv6 address. The funny thing is that I
did not do anything to the dev->neigh_setup to include any neigh_ops
from arp or neighbour discovery.

Because the virtual device hooks onto a real device, the ipv6 address
actually belongs to the real device. According to specifications, a
device can have multiple ipv6 addresses and new addresses are broadcast
through neighbour discovery. It's weird that I can't ping from another
device.

Does anyone knows how can I ping6 the ipv6 address?

Thanks
Jonathan