Re: state of play

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Peter R Elliott wrote:

   [ subscribes to kernel-doc@nl.linux.org ]

> so. am i to take it from this that the list is dead? moribund?

> that there is little or no work being done at present on documenting
> the linux kernel that has need of participation or input? and,
> finally, that the way to become involved in such a documentation
> effort is still to do as rik has briefly outlined below? or is there
> more doc'ing activity elsewhere - like at kernelnewbies maybe?

Unfortunately, there really is little documentation of kernel
code going on, I'm not aware of much documentation activity
elsewhere either ;(

If some people are interested in working on kernel documentation,
though, I'd be willing to help them get started and to help them
understand the kernel things in question.

OTOH, I don't really have the time to get started in yet another
project ... I'd really be helping from the sidelines.

regards,

Rik
--
DMCA, SSSCA, W3C?  Who cares?  http://thefreeworld.net/