Re: get_fs() and set_fs() mm_segment_t

I had this same question awhile back and from what I was able to find, it
looks like it is used to change the range of memory addresses that the
kernel thinks it needs to check. If you've already checked the stuff sent
from the user, you can tell the kernel not to check it for you.

I think it is a means of not duplicating the work.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

--
John Tyner
jtyner@cs.ucr.edu