Re: logging the message regarding

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 06:06:45PM +0100, Erik Mouw wrote:

> >   I want to trace the commands executed by user which in /bin.I have traced
> > it by tracing the execve system call.I want to log this commnds in separate
> > file.
> > Can I use /proc directory for this purpose? If it so,how can i create log
> > file and how to log the commands.
>
> man strace
> man ptrace

this is not very helpful. the ptrace mechanism cannot capture all processes in the system.

(not without some special init code, anyway)

As for the log file question - check the code for /proc/kmsg

> >   And i have one more doubt on printk.I want to disable the flag to display
> > on console .I did it by using syslog .But it is displaying.and the there in
> > no contents in /proc/kmeg.
>
> man setterm

does this use /proc/sys/kernel/printk btw ?

regards
john

--
"If the software that a company produces isn't reliable, adding a bunch of
'Mother, may I' rules to the language and the code won't fix it."