logging the message regarding

Hi all,
  I want to trace the commands executed by user which in /bin.I have traced
it by tracing the execve system call.I want to log this commnds in separate
file.
Can I use /proc directory for this purpose? If it so,how can i create log
file and how to log the commands.
  And i have one more doubt on printk.I want to disable the flag to display
on console .I did it by using syslog .But it is displaying.and the there in
no contents in /proc/kmeg.
   Please show me a right path
Thank in advance
Kannan R