help in tcp/ip sources hacking

I am new to Linux hacking.
I have been trying follow the implementation of tcp/ip stack in Linux.
First i have gone thru David A Rusling(ch:10) and Linux Kernel Internals
by M Beck. What I found later while going thru sources(2.2.16) is that some
of functions have changed that were mentioned in the book.
Ex:
Earlier ip_build_header used to be called from tcp_do_sendmsg
and in ip_queue_xmit we used to calculate length and cksum.
Now every thing is done at ip_build_and_send_pkt.

I wanted to first trace the entire tcp/ip later going into finer details.
If any body could help me in hacking from inet_sendmsg to hard_start_xmit
it would be great. I just need function names for version 2.2 or after.

Any suggestions or links for good hacking are eagerly recived.
Functions i was able to trace:
inet_sendmsg->tcp_v4_sendmsg->tcp_do_sendmsg->tcp_send_skb->
tcp_transmit_skb->ip_queue_xmit

After this i was not able to trace. Pls correct me incase of wrong
flow.

thank you,
MJ