RE: Seeking kernel params from an active running kernel.

The modules can be determined by what files are present beneath
/lib/modules.  Do you have that information?

> furthermore I don't see the point in doing this at all. Just
> keep the config
> file file around, cat it to the end of vmlinuz, add
> /proc/config.gz, whatever

I can think of a very good reason to want this information.  Some of the
commercial Linux distributions do not include the .config file used to
build their binary kernel distributions.  I've been frustrated by this
before.  It's yet another reason to prefer Debian.
-