Re: DoS/DDoS protection for end nodes

Your question is too broad, but in case of protecting from DDoS over WAN, nftables is not suitable simply because attacker can easily overwhelm your uplink. However, for high-performance scenarios, XDP is a better alternative to nftables.

For LAN, I suppose rate-limit using nftables is sufficient to handle DoS (if you have untrusted devices in your network). I can't imagine of any DDoS scenario in LAN though.