Re: nft tproxy failed to redirect on one system

Btw: sent to wrong address, re-sent to list...

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 12:00:43 +0800
Carl Lei <me@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for being incomplete, but I added nftrace before these rules and
> saw packets went through the same chain of rules, first hitting tproxy
> in mangle, then meta mark 42 counter accept in input-new-isolated.
> But on one system it works for local programs AND network-received
> packets, on another system it works only for local programs.  On the
> bad system the packets instead gets directed to whatever program
> originally listening on the original port, or rejected; e.g. I have
> an nginx listening on 0.0.0.0:80 but no programs on 443, then curl
> http in a vm connected to vbr0 goes to my nginx, and curl https gets
> rejected.  I expect them to go to that program listening on 1081.

Looked closer at the trace, I found that on the bad system, when the
packet goes back to input rules, its trace id changed; on the good
system it does not change.  Perhaps this explains it, but I don't know
why it was changed?

Thank you.