Re: Why tproxy to 127.0.0.1:port doesn't make packets go through the input chain with iifname lo?

> Without "mark set" your normal routing tables would be used for the routing decision.

I thought you meant the whole ip rule was unnecessary. Your new detailed explanation made everything crystal clear, thank you!

> Using the mark should work.

Thanks for the tip, mark works flawlessly.

> It should not do that. That's probably an explicit rule that does it.

It seems nft doesn’t always print mark in the trace log, I mistakenly thought it got cleared. Like previously mentioned, matching the mark value works flawlessly.

Thanks again for your help Bazsi, and thanks for writing the tproxy target, it helped me tremendously.

Regards,
Glen