Re: rate-limit ssh for both IPv4 and IPv6

In regard to: Re: rate-limit ssh for both IPv4 and IPv6, Kevin P. Fleming...:

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023, at 14:28, Tim Mooney wrote:
With my current experience level with nft, it's not clear to me how to
adjust a single rule that handles only IPv4 with a set to do what I need
for both IPv4 and IPv6 connections to ssh.

Do you need to use a single rule? Since the rate-limiting is
per-source-address, there's no need to have them mixed together. Two
rules, one each for IPv4 and IPv6, with their own sets, should work
fine.

For my purposes, two rules would be fine!  Two separate rules are probably
going to be easier to understand for my coworkers anyway.

Thank you!

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             Tim.Mooney@xxxxxxxx