Re: Upgrading iptables firewall on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.0

> On 11 Aug 2022, at 08:37, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <tdtemccna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Subject: Upgrading iptables firewall on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.0
>
> Good day from Singapore,
>
> The following RPM packages are installed on my Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux 9.0 virtual machine.
>
> iptables-libs-1.8.7-28.el9.x86_64
> iptables-nft-1.8.7-28.el9.x86_64
>
> Is it possible to upgrade iptables firewall to the latest version 1.8.8?

I wouldn't recommend it.  Red Hat back port security and bugfixes to the base version so that it remains stable -- it's quite possible that updating would change the api/abi and, for example, podman.

TBH, I'm surprised iptables is still there: I thought RHEL had switch over to nft entirely.

jch