Re: Reload IPtables

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:03:30 +0200
Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> do what you want but stop talking nonsense when it comes to best practice
> >
> > One "best practice" that I'd object to is blindly restoring whatever was
> > saved on shutdown.  How can one control that?  Booting with some clean,
> > well-defined data looks safer
>
> WTF: there is nothing magically or blindly saved and changed at
> shutdown, it's the whole state as it was, the outcome from your script

Not that I can speak on Allesandro's behalf but I'm presuming it's a reference to the save-upon-stop behaviour that may occur as a consequence of the integration performed by certain distro vendors. For example, Gentoo has a SAVE_ON_STOP option that its iptables runscript honours. I'm not sure that I've ever seen it be referred to as a good pratice, per se, but some people appreciate having such options at their disposal.

--
Kerin Millar