Re: [nft 0.9.3 | kernel 5.4.48] cannot get NAT to work

On 23/06/2020 21:52, Florian Westphal wrote:
ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ <vtol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23/06/2020 21:23, Florian Westphal wrote:
ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ <vtol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Since the ruleset that worked with kernel 4.19 did not anymore with kernel
5.4 (throwing segfault) I started from scratch to see what gives.

nft add table inet filter
nft add chain inet filter input { type filter hook input priority 0 \; }
nft add chain inet filter forward { type filter hook forward priority 0 \; }
nft add chain inet filter output    { type filter hook output priority 0 \;
}
nft add table inet nat

Thus far good and then things go awry and the output does not help to
understand what might be wrong:

nft add chain inet nat prerouting { type nat hook prerouting priority \-100
\; }
nft: unrecognized option: 1
If you use the shell, you should use single-quote for the entire
arguments.  nft 'add chain ...'

here, nft thinks you passed '-1' as an option.
Thanks for the pointer, I just copied that from the wiki though...
I've changed quoting style to nft 'add chain ...'.

Error: Could not process rule: No such file or directory
inet nat depends on CONFIG_NF_TABLES_INET.
That is apparently enabled in the kernel

xzgrep NF_TABLES /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_NF_TABLES=m
CONFIG_NF_TABLES_SET=m
CONFIG_NF_TABLES_INET=y
yup, looks good.

It should work then but somehow does not, any way to figure out what is going wrong then? I would rather prefer not having to return to IPT.