Re: Subject: Kernel crash; ipset comments overwritten - ipset v6.23.

Hi,

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019, G.W. Haywood wrote:

> > That's a quite old ipset version - since then there has been 19
> > releases with a lot of bugfixes, corrections.
>
> I understand - I was asking just in case this rang any bells for
> someone. Sure I can build the latest ipset, but I gave up on Slackware
> for a reason. As I said, I didn't see anything obvious in the
> changelogs.

You mention below that the scripts can run concurrently and there were a
few concurrency related fixes since then. You should be able to compile
the most recent ipset package against your kernel version, backward
compatibility is maintained.

> > If you can send me a testcase by which either of the problems can be
> > reproduced, I'll run it against the most recent version to verify that
> > the problems you reported have indeed be fixed.
>
> I can send a couple of script files, what's the best address to send to?

This one is perfect and I'll try to reproduce the issues.

> I forgot to mention that it isn't out of the question that the scripts
> will be running concurrently.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary