Re: How to use named quota in filter rule?

On 01/03/2019 08:57 AM, Florian Westphal wrote:
Daniel Lakeland <dlakelan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm afraid I don't understand the rest of the email. Are you saying the only issue is that I  need to declare it as an "over" quota?
table inet filter {
         quota myq {
                 over 10 mbytes
         }

         chain input {
                 type filter hook input priority filter; policy accept;
                 quota name "myq" drop
         }
}

Traffic comes to a screeching halt after ~10 mbytes, and resumes some
time after 'nft reset quotas'.

aha. In this scenario is 'quota name "myq"' a match or an action? If I do something like I have three conditions I want to have count towards the quota, so I use the "quota" as an action:

mark 0x123 quota name "myq"

mark 0x345 quota name "myq"

mark 0x567 quota name "myq"

#now I want to drop if the quota is over

quota name "myq" drop

in the last line there, am I double counting packets because I'm calling the quota again?