How to defend tcp syn attack when using snat

Do have kernel parameters in place?

# Against SYN flood attacks
net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_synack_retries = 2

# protect against tcp time-wait assassination hazards
# drop RST packets for sockets in the time-wait state
net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337 = 1

HI,