SV: SV: "straggler" packets being logged

HI ,

Just so that you we agree here , if you are not sure what these packets are it is better to troubleshoot to better understand the underlying reason .
IF not my suggested will always be based on assumptions and may very well be "bad advice" for this scenario .

I will list the reason I find likely based on you new criteria as listed :

When you get PSH ACK packet from a SERVICE like IRC , that is typically caused by 4 different scenarios ( there are others )

1. Your client recently abruptly closed ( RST ) the session , and the SERVICE had not received the RST prior to sending your client new session data
2. Your client closed the session with 4 way FIN , but the service side for some reason did not acknowledge the closing prior to sending additional session data .
3. Some other unit on the path sent ( RST ) for the traffic , causing a similar result as #1
4. The traffic is not related to your active session , and might also be from an unknown 3. party

There are two ways that may help  to investigate and find out if this or other "things" cause this issue ( command could need re-write ):

conntrack -E | grep 4.24.10.6
and/or
tcpdump -s0 -vvnni eth0.2 host 4.24.10.6

Results of this investigation might help suggest both the cause and a good way to fix it .

Best regards
André Paulsberg-Csibi
Senior Network Engineer
IBM Services AS