Re: Conntrack insertion race conditions -- any workarounds?

On 6 September 2018 at 17:27, Kyle Larose <kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just finished checking that earlier this afternoon. I can confirm
> that 4.18 does not have the problem. 4.17.19 has the problem. So, the
> fix was introduced in 4.18.
> I am in the process of compiling my own kernel so I can prove that
> that particular commit was indeed the fix.

I finally managed to get some kernels building. I have confirmed that
that commit fixes the problem.
I tested using Ubuntu's mainline patches on top of the following two commits.

I first tested with
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/?h=v4.19-rc3&qt=range&q=2c205dd3981f
. It had the problem.

I then tested with
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?h=v4.19-rc3&id=368982cd7d1bd41cd39049c794990aca3770db44
. It did not have the problem.

So, 368982cd7d1b does indeed fix the problem I am facing.