Re: "Test" mode for nft?

On 21 August 2017 at 19:54, Jeff Kletsky <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, good to know I wasn't missing anything.
>
> The cron job certainly works in a development environment. There is also the
> approach to use a script that captures the current state, loads the new
> rules, then waits for keyboard input for a length of time. If there isn't a
> "yes, keep these" response, it reverts to the previous state.

This has been already discussed in Netfilter Workshop 2017 in Faro, Portugal.
So, we are likely getting this feature at some point.

A 'dry' mode has been recently added and will be part of next nftables release.

Reference:
http://git.netfilter.org/nftables/commit/?id=b4953803f26c442cdec4cad78a8261e9b97cd015