"Test" mode for nft?

Slowly working through nftables syntax, with a lot of trial and error, my rules occasionally compile and load.

Unfortunately, they also have resulted in rules that have blocked my access to the machine, even with (I thought) carefully ensuring that my management interface was unrestricted.

Is there a "test" mode for nft that allows me to compile a candidate rule set and dump the results for inspection, without loading it into the kernel?

Jeff