ANNOUNCE: New Talk: Story of a Network Virtualization and it's future in Software and in Hardware

The tech committee would like to announce a new accepted talk from
Anjali Singhai Jain along with
Alexander H Duyck, Parthasarathy Sarangam and Nrupal Jani

The details are as follows:
-------
The paper and the presentation will quickly go through a time lapse of Network virtualization as it evolved, successes and failures and the reasons behind those. Revisiting history and understanding the present and future use cases for Network virtualization will fuel the future Hardware and Software designs for a better end user experience and pushing the envelope on Network virtualization. Intel and the industry has seen many generations of Network virtualization.

The talk will be focused on two important areas:

    Briefly Analyze the past and present
    Make a case for the future technologies

The talk will go deep dive into HW challenges in two areas of Network Virtualization:

Why the Hardware offloads and getting them just right is important (Goldilocks effect), may be SRIOV is little too much. Host interface exposed by a network Virtualization device and how do we get that just right

The talk will also cover what the future SW model for Network Virtualization is shaping up to be

The best control and data plane split that works for Network or compute intensive VMs/Containers.
    Why less is more in some cases for the Virtual function device.
Is true SR-IOV a good answer in all cases, are Mediated devices a better compromise

To conclude we will go over the upcoming Virtualization technology supported by VFIO Mediated devices and PCIE specification for PASID, what problems will that solve. How do we get the software model right in this case and learn from our mistakes with SR-IOV.
----

cheers,
jamal