How does "inet" interact with "ip" and "ip6" in terms of policy and compatibility?

In particular if there is the same priority on a filter hook for a chain, does inet run before or after the address family specific chains?

So if the policy of ip6 input is accept and ip input is drop, what should I do with inet?

---

meanwhile, if I use an ipv4 compatibility address on an IPV6 address family socket, q.v. [::FFFF:192.168.14.3], will it go through the ip or ip6 chains?

One of my services does use that multi-mode.

I'm _assuming_ (from observing the SSH implementation) that these compatibility addresses go through the ip/inet not ip6/inet tables and only get up-converted to IPv6 as the presentation layer.

This all comes up because the list of services that I want to filter is _almost_ the same for my IPv6 and IPv4 faces on a single box. (Comcast provides both address families and I'm working on a transition, but I can't go all the way because of gaming. 8-)

In particular I want the "drop" policy on my IPv4 stack, but I want to be sure that both ip and inet chains are considered.

The combo table is super useful but I cant find any unambiguous material on these two