regularly publishing stats for a flow in ulogd using NFCT_T_UPDATE

I am trying to configure ulogd, so I can get regular stats for flows
currently active on the machine. I tried  NFCT_T_UPDATE mask, but it
doesn't seem to help. I only get stats when a flow is destroyed when
enable_hash is true. When enable_hash is false, I get stats when a new
flow is created and again when it is destroyed, but not regularly.
Browsing through the source code for ulogd_inpflow_NFCT.c, it looks like
the stats are updated on NFCT_T_UPDATE only when hash_enable is true,
but they are not published. Is there a reason for doing it this way. Is
there a way to regularly publish the stats?

Thank you
Tarun